The Adoption Process
- Find a dog you’d like to adopt on our Available Dogs page.
- Submit your adoption application and be sure to tell us which dog you’re interested in.
- Within 72 hours a volunteer will begin the initial review of your application. To help process your application quickly, please contact your vet and authorize them to release information to us and let your references know we’ll be calling. Failure to do so can cause a delay in processing your application.
- Once your references have been contacted, a volunteer will contact you to schedule a home visit.
After your home visit, a volunteer will send you an email informing you of your approval.
- If the dog you are interested in is located in a Mostly Muttz foster home, we will provide you with their contact information. The foster parent will answer any questions and help you set up a meeting with the dog. You are required to go to the location set by the foster parent as we do not deliver dogs. You will be able to finalize your adoption at this meeting.
- If the dog you are interested in is awaiting transport to a Mostly Muttz foster home we cannot always establish contact with the foster home. We can certainly try and obtain information if you have questions, but we can’t guarantee it. Also in this case, you will be able to meet/adopt your new family member right off transport. In this case, location of the transport will be given to you in your approval email.
- At the adoption, a volunteer will have a contract for you to review and sign, we encourage you to review the adoption contract ahead of time (click here to review). The adoption fee must be paid in full, with cash or via PayPal, prior to completion of your adoption. Payment by cash is due at the time of adoption. If you choose to pay via PayPal, you will need to forward the email you receive from PayPal to email@example.com to confirm your payment prior to the adoption.
- Puppies (8 weeks – 1 year old): $400
(A $100 spay/neuter deposit is required for any puppy under 6 months old not altered at time of adoption. This deposit will be refunded after confirmation of alteration is recieved by Mostly Muttz Rescue.)
- Adults (1 year old – 3 years old): $350
- Adults (4 years old – 6 years old): $300
- Seniors (7+ years old): $200
Once a Mostly Mutt, always a Mostly Mutt. Mostly Muttz Rescue is dedicated to providing the adopted animals and their adoptive homes with on-going guidance and support. If at any time you need help feel free to contact us.
Are you ready to adopt? Click here to proceed to our adoption application.
Mostly Muttz Resuce reserves the right to deny any adoption for any reason without needing to disclose the reason to the potential adopter.
What Drives Us
Mostly Muttz Rescue is an IRS registered, 501(c)3, public charity that is an all-volunteer, foster based canine rescue striving to keep man’s best friend from dying alone in the shelter system.
At Mostly Muttz Rescue, it is our passion to save dogs with life-long special needs and acute medical needs as well as healthy, more easily adoptable dogs. We believe that every dog, regardless of health, deserves a fighting chance to live, to love and to be loved for the duration of their lives.